Who can benefit from acupuncture?
Acupuncture is often effective for a wide range of complaints and you don’t need to be sick to see an acupuncturist! One can seek treatment for the support of general health and well being. Acupuncture can help those who are dealing with
- Stress, tension, anxiety, SAD, PTSD
- Arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic pain
- Musculoskeletal problems, back pain, joint pain
- Migraines, headaches
- Menstrual irregularities & pain, menopause, fertility, pregnancy support
- Colitis, IBS, acid reflux and other digestive issues
- Asthma, allergies, common cold
- Insomnia, sleep disorders
- Side effects of other treatments such as medication, chemotherapy, and surgery
- Withdrawal from addictions to smoking, alcohol, and other chemical substances
What can I expect from treatment?
The initial visit lasts up to 1.5 hours. This includes paperwork, a confidential interview and treatment. Follow-up visits typically last about an hour.
With this information, interview and finding out health goals we’ll recommend a course of treatment that fits your individual health profile. Together we’ll regularly discuss and evaluate the progress of your treatment.
Wear loose, comfortable clothes that are easy to roll up to your elbows and knees.
Bring a list of your current medications and any supplements and vitamins you’re taking.
Within 2-3 hours of your appointment avoid caffeine and eat a light snack.
Do not wear perfume or scented lotions as some people are allergic to these fragrances.
How much does a treatment cost?
Central Oklahoma Community Acupuncture offers treatment on a fee range from $15-$40 per treatment, with an additional one-time paperwork fee of $10 at the initial visit. You choose to pay what you can afford and income verification is not required. The purpose of this fee range is to separate the issue of money and getting in to receive enough treatment to feel better and stay better. Payment can be made with a check or cash.